Piccos Ridge Path
|Description | Register Now | Sponsor a Participant | Login|
2023 East Coast Trail Trail Raiser Community Hike
On International Trails Day, June 3, we are back for the annual Trail Raiser Community Hike in Pouch Cove, presented by Trail Raiser Event Champion ExxonMobil and supported by adventure sponsor, The Outfitters and community sponsor, the Town of Pouch Cove!
Rally up a team of friends, family, coworkers, or just use your own two feet and join us in celebrating the East Coast Trail - a trail network that we all love and appreciate as a resource in our province!
Come Hike and Help Us Reach Our Fundraising Goal!
We are targeting a fundraising goal of $100,000 to help:
Register and raise $200 by 11:59 pm NST on May 26 and be entered for a chance to win a weekend at Points East Guesthouse in Pouch Cove. Every who has raised $200 will receive one draw entry for the early bird prize. Winner announced May 29.
The prize includes a Friday and Saturday night stay at Points East Guesthouse, with two breakfasts and one supper included. Points East is a renovated, cozy fisherman's oceanfront house with beautiful panoramic views located in the picturesque outport of Pouch Cove.
*There will be a shuttle bus bringing participants from the Post-Hike Party at the All Saints Anglican Church Hall back to their vehicles at the Pouch Cove Lion's Club.
There are six great hikes and two trail runs to choose from (click on each photo to learn more):
*No pets at the Trail Raiser, please. The heavy concentration of hikers poses a safety concern for both people and pets. The buses and Church Hall cannot accomodate pets either, so please leave pets safely at home. Thank you for your cooperation. Registered service animals are welcome.
Top Individual Fundraisers
1. Get outfitted with The Outfitters: $1000 shopping spree at The Outfitters
2. One-night stay at the ALT Hotel + $200 Terre gift card + Let's Roam date night package
3. East Coast Quilt Co. "Learn to Sew" or "Learn to Quilt" course + Ragmaw tote bag
Top Team Fundraisers
1. Evening at Clay Cafe + grazing board from Graze n' Thyme and East Coast Supply Co.
2. Evening at Golfshotz + pint at Landwash + Smartwool socks from Arthur James
3. Let's Roam team package + Quidi Vidi Brewery beer
1. Grand Draw Prize: 2 PAL Airlines return flight vouchers + one-night stay at the Marble Villa + two Marble Mountain lift tickets + two Marble Ziptours passes
2. Mernini raincoat
3. Lindsay J. Ralph Photography 45-minute session
4. Book bundle from Flanker Press + Salt House gift card
5. Outdoor eating set from Arthur James + Kara O'Keefe Photography print
6. Quidi Vidi Brewery prize pack
7. The shop, SALT gift card + earrings from Changeling Glass Works
8. The Sprout gift card + book bundle from Boulder Books + Outdoor eating set from Arthur James
9. Forest & Brooks East Coast Trail candle set
10. One month membership at Bodhi Hot Yoga
11. Book bundle from Flanker Press + Cojones gift card
12. Outdoor eating set from Arthur James + "Dig for 2" at the Colony of Avalon
Kids Activity Prizes
1. The Rooms family pass
2. Let's Roam family package
To ensure all hikes start/end on schedule, we ask that hikers register online by June 2 @ 11:59 pm. If you show up on June 3 without registering, we can accommodate you with credit or debit payments.
Donations and pledgse $20 and over are eligible for a tax receipt. Collect the full name, mailing address, and email address of any cash or cheque donors to ensure they receive a tax receipt. For online donors, the name on the credit card used will be the name on the tax receipt.
Hiker Waiver: All hikers must sign a waiver form electronically as they complete the online registration process. If you are bringing a child/children (under 18), they have to be identified and covered by the waiver.
Safety Considerations: Click the link for information on what to bring and more.
What to Bring
Please call (709) 738-4453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help with fundraising or any other questions.