Rocky Point Sailing Association membership includes participation
in all club sponsored local events; such as Group Sail,
Learn-to-Crew, Learn-to-Race, and social events.
Members are entitled to a 10% discount off all sailing programs for
themselves, partners or children. An adult member and their partner
are afforded the use of club boats subject to having certifications
and boat availability.
Members are encouraged to participate in discussion at the general
meeting and are required to vote at the Annual General Meeting. The
members form the legal entity that holds the Executive Board
accountable for good stewardship and the fulfillment of our mission.
Memberships are valid for the current season, expiring at the
season's end on or before December 31.
Members must be 18 years of age or older.
The member and
their partner can use of all club dinghy boats (Optimist, 420,
Laser, Canoe) outside regular scheduled programs and subject
- CANSail 2 certification
- Sailors who have not achieved CANSail 2 from RPSA must schedule a
skill assessment and club orientation. The assessment has a fee, is
two hours, and bookings are subject to coach availability
- New members must schedule an orientation before using boats
Dinghy Usage Guidelines
- The dinghy member must review, agree, and sign RPSA’s
comprehensive COVID-19 Dinghy Usage Guidelines. The policy must be
re-signed and agreed to with each update of the document.
- The dinghy member must complete a RPSA COVID-19 dinghy orientation
prior to accessing the facilities and boat usage.
- Each adult participant must review, agree, and sign the RPSA
COVID-19 Membership Waiver. Youth participant’s and their
parent/guardian must sign the RPSA Risk Recognition Statement.
- Each participant must self-assess using the online tool https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
before each use of RPSA facilities and equipment.
- Dinghy members must electronically sign out a boat and provide
contact information for all participants.
- Participants must adhere to all Transport Canada, Canadian Coast
Guard, Provincial Health Authority Service, BC Parks, City of Port
Moody, Reed Point Marina, RPSA and any relevant local authority
COVID-19 related policies and procedures.
- Dinghy boat usage is restricted to the member and his/her
immediate family or members of his/her established COVID-19 social circle.
- Youth are prohibited from sailing by themselves without adult
supervision and/or coach boat support.
- Dinghy members should sail no farther than line of sight from the
RPSA floating dock.
- Social distancing must be maintained and respected in the boat
bay, OMBH compound, boat launch, city and RPSA docks. Maintain 2
metres/6 feet between all participants not in the same social circle
before, during and after sailing.
- Little Red is limited to at most two people. The occupants must be
of the same participant group. Little Red must be cleaned and
sanitized after each use: wipe down high touch surfaces (ie. dolly
handles, paddle) and spray the interior and lines.
- Participants are encouraged to use their own PFD, otherwise
contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange
season use of a club PFD.
- Bring your own alcohol based hand rub and sanitize your hands
prior to accessing the OMBH facilities and whenever possible. At all
times around the club facilities, city dock, and RPSA dock all
participants must wear a mask.
- You are responsible for cleaning the boat, dolly handle (if used),
tiller, rudder, paddles, PFD, gunwales, and anywhere else touched.
Cleaning and disinfecting supplies can be obtained from the OMBH
- Personal items, water bottles, and garbage should not be left
around the facilities or in the boats. Any personal items of value
found by members should be placed in a designated plastic bag in the
boat bay, and contact email@example.com. Otherwise dispose
- The OMBH common room and upstairs facilities are off limits from
- In emergency contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com
- Immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org if you or any participants show
symptoms within two weeks of visiting the facilities.
Consequences of violating the rules will be determined at the
discretion of the Executive and may include revoke of membership and
all boat use entitlements.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information.