Returning SKI Volunteer 2019-2020
VASS delivers ski, snowboard and sit-ski lessons to people with a disability in the lower mainland. All lessons are 100% coordinated and taught by volunteers. VASS creates opportunities for volunteers who want to contribute to their community while having fun in an outdoor, recreational setting. If you can volunteer for at least 2 years it s a real benefit to our students
Opportunities for Volunteering
- On the Mountain Ski Instructor with CADS certification
- Previous on the Mountain Assistant Instructor that need to get CADS certification
All instructors must:
As a returning volunteer with a 2019-20 BCAS membership you should have received a renewal notification with a link to renew your BCAS membership ($48) . If you have not received it please contact BCAS at email@example.com All volunteers are required to be current members of BC Adaptive Snowsports for insurance purposes. Before you register, get your BC Adaptive Snowsport membership number. It is required as part of the registration process.
2. Have a current Criminal Records Check (CRC) - valid for 3 years - If you think you need one, please have it done. We will be using a new system to record CRC's this year, so please make sure you are ready to upload a CRC by mid October.
The CRC must be done by the police or RCMP where you reside. See further information at http://www.vass.ca/registration-criminal-records-checks/. Or for a fee you can do your CRC through Backcheck .
3. We have 17 program to choose from this year and we are asking all returning volunteers to commit to a 9 week commitment starting the first Monday of January. The first 2 weeks will be open to drop-in lessons or extra training sessions and then we will have our regular programming, including an orientation night and a 6 week session for our student. This is going to allow us to service more students than even before. Blue Streaks Race and All Mountain actually run 10 weeks. I am sure that you are aware that all returning volunteers will be getting a Grouse Mnt Season Pass as well as tickets at other mountains if you are teaching there. There will be several skiing and riding improvement SKIMP sessions as well as other training opportunities through out the season. Thank you for your help in advance and if any of this has put you off of volunteering with us, please call me directly and we can chat. My goal is to help us grow, not shrink. James 604-646-8277
*** There are 2 other selection you can also make when registering. The first is to be apart of a list volunteers that get emailed when we have drop-in lessons, often Monday-Friday in the daytime. The other option is to be added to a list of volunteers that would like to be emailed when we have instructor shortages. I am not sure how often this list would be activated, but if you are willing to recieve the email, please indicate when you are signing up. If you can help out that would be great.***
4. Be prepared to select some December a training session if you have some time. The returning training this year is much more focused, so plese take a look and sign up for a free session. IF you were a new instructor last year and completed the CADS ASD course and would like to complete the entire CADS 1 SKI course, this is also your chance and you can sign up for 8 hours of training. IF you have never done a CADS course, you can sign up for one now.... first 2 weeks of January.
For more information, visit the website - www.vass.ca -or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Registration Fees||View Waiver|
Registration is now closed.
Vancouver Adaptive Snow Sports
Suite 322, 125A-1030 Denman Street
Vancouver, BC V6G 2M6