The program runs Monday - Friday for two weeks and is available for
youth 11 - 15. The first week of the program takes place at the Rocky
Point Sailing Association and the second week of the program will be
held at the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club.
Pre-requisites: Opti Bronze or CANSail 2
Intermediate sailing program.
The program is designed for sailors that excel in Opti Bronze or
CANSail 2 and have a competitive edge. This program is ideal for those
interested in trying out racing before joining the RPSA Race Team.
Learn-to-Race is a two-week program that teaches sailors the basics of
competitive sailboat racing, including an experience of competing in
the Commodore's Cup at Royal Vancouver Yacht Club. Sailors in this
program will refine technical skills, gain an understanding of racing
theory, and enjoy a glimpse into the sport of competitive sailboat racing.
What to bring:
- Closed toed shoes that can get wet are mandatory (no
sandals or flip-flops)
- Appropriate, layered clothing for the weather
- Change of clothes and towel
- Lunch and snacks
- Water bottle
What to expect:
- Programs run rain or shine
- Participants will be on the water as much as possible
- Personal flotation devices (PFDs) will be provided to all participants
- You will get wet