How do I issue tax receipts for Pledge-a-thon donations?
You can issue tax receipts...
- For offline Pledge-a-thon donations received by cash or cheques;
- For online Pledge-a-thon donations if a receipt was not automatically issued at the time of their donation;
- Or, to a Pledge-a-thon Participant for the tax deductible amount of any donations or registration fees paid.
To issue tax receipts:
- Click Pledge-a-thon to view the Main Menu of this service.
- From the Administration section, choose Tax Receipts.
- Choose your Pledge-a-thon from the drop down menu.
- Choose the supporter type:
- Select Participant to issue a receipt for the tax deductible amount of any donations or registration fees paid.
- Select Sponsor (online donor) to issue a receipt for online donations if a receipt was not automatically issued at the time of their donation.
- Select Pledger (offline donor) to issue a receipt for offline Pledge-a-thon donations received by cash or cheques.
- Click Search.
- Any unsent receipts for that supporter type will appear, along with the reason why they could not be sent.
- Input any missing information as required by clicking Change.
- Check the boxes beside each donation to receive an emailed tax receipt or click Select All to check all boxes.
- Click Proceed to Step 2
- In the Greeting field, enter a greeting prefix (Hi, Hello, Dear) and choose how the greeting should address the donor (first name vs. full first & last name).
- In the white text boxes, customize the subject line and message to be sent to your donors.
- When satisfied, click Email tax receipts to send your message.
- Repeat steps 4-12 for each supporter type.
- Before issuing a tax receipt for an offline donation, you must first confirm receipt of the cash or cheque pledge within your GiftTool account.
- If you do not have an email address for the donor, you can have the receipt sent to your own email address. The receipt is envelope-ready, so that it can be printed, folded and inserted into a windowed #10 envelope, with the mailing address correctly appearing in the window.
- There is a cost of $0.35 per electronic tax receipt manually issued.
- If you have previously issued a Pledge-a-thon receipt and the donor has lost their copy, you can resend the receipt to the donor.
Was this information helpful?