How do I confirm receipt of a pending cash or cheque pledge?
You can confirm receipt of a pending cash or cheque donation received from an offline pledger who is sponsoring a Pledge-a-thon participant as follows:
- Click Pledge-a-thon to view the Main Menu of this service.
- From the Administration section, choose Pledges.
- Select the name of the pledge-a-thon from the drop down menu, to view a listing of pledge forms submitted by participant. To narrow your search, you can search by name or pledge form number.
- Click View to see a listing of all pledges associated with this pledge form.
- Note: a participant may have submitted more than one pledge form.
- An offline pledge must always be associated with a participant.
- If you do not know the name of the participant associated with this pledge, use your browser function to search for the donor's name in the "Sponsors grouped by Participant" report.
- Check the box beside the pledge amount to be confirmed, or click the Select All link to have all boxes checked.
- To modify the donor information or donation amount, click Change, make your changes, and click Update Pledge.
- To delete the pledge, click Change and click Delete Pledge.
- Click the Confirm Selected Pledges button.
- Once confirmed, you may use the GiftTool system to issue tax receipts.
This assumes that the participant has entered the pledge into their account. Alternatively, if a participant has not entered the offline pledge into their account, you can upload a file of offline pledges not recorded by participant.
Was this information helpful?