How do I create a membership waiver?
Create membership waivers that apply to specific membership forms.
When creating a waiver, you can choose a waiver to be shown during the
Note: GiftTool is not an expert in drafting legal waivers.
Therefore, you should not interpret, nor rely on, any comments made
or correspondence from us as being advice or a recommendation.
Instead, please consult a qualified expert to
ensure that your waiver meets your legal requirements.
Creating a waiver is a two-step process:
- Click Memberships to view the Main Menu of this service.
- From the Setup section of the Membership service menu, click Waivers.
- Click Add Waiver button.
- Enter a Membership Waiver Name in the first text field. This name will be displayed in your list of waivers, and will not be shown to the general public.
- Enter your Membership Waiver Text into the text field. You can use the HTML editor to add text attributes, paragraph formatting, and colours to your policy.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Once you have created your waiver, you must add this waiver to your Membership form.
- From the Setup section of the Membership service menu, click Memberships and click Change beside the name of the membership.
- On the light blue Setup tab, click on the grey Waivers tab.
- Choose your Membership Waiver from the drop-down list.
- Enter the Link Text that you want registrants to see when they visit this page (such as View Waiver).
- If you require registrants to accept the waiver before proceeding with registration, choose this option.
Click Save as Draft/Active when finished, to save your settings to the system.
- Enter the Waiver Section Heading in the text field (such as Membership Waiver).
- Enter the Instructions that are shown above the event waiver (such as: I have reviewed and accept the following Terms and Conditions:). Your actual waiver will be displayed below these instructions
Was this information helpful?