How do I hide, cut or move columns in an Excel spreadsheet?
- Use the Excel functions to hide a column:
- In your Excel spreadsheet, highlight the column to be hidden
- With the column highlighted, right click with your mouse &
select Hide Column.This will hide the column
from view but not delete the data.
- Use the Excel functions to delete or move a column:
- You will first need to remove any formating for merged cells:
- Highlight all the cells in the entire spreadsheet (learn
how to select All
table rows and columns)
- Once you’ve highlighted all cells, right click on your
mouse & select Format Cells
- Click the Alignment tab, uncheck the box
beside Merge Cells and click OK.
- With the Merged Cells formating removed, you can now easily
cut and/or move
columns to a different location.
Was this information helpful?