Under what conditions is a tax receipt issued?
A tax receipt is issued when all the following conditions are met:
- The donation must be made in Canadian dollars.
- The donor must provide a valid email, as well as, a complete
address (first name, last name, street address, city, province,
postal code). Note that eTax Receipts are issued to all donors
regardless of their country - within Canada or outside of Canada -
as the donor may be temporarily out of the country and/or pay taxes
- Your GiftTool account must be setup with a template for
- There must be enough unused tax receipt numbers
available to the system.
- The donation amount must be greater than or equal to the minimum
eligible donation amount specified in the setup of your Donation Appeal, Pledge-a-thon, Event or Membership.
Was this information helpful?