How do I record an offline membership order payment?
When a member registers online and selects the "pay later" option, their membership is recoded as Pending. Once you receive their offline payment, you can record the amount received in a member's profile to keep your balance due reports up to day.
- From the Administration section of the Membership menu, choose Members.
- From the Member Profiles section, locate the member profile by searching for the member order profile.
- Click Profile next to the order.
- Within the Profile, click Offline Payments in the Order Transactions area.
- Record your offline Payment Amount and whether the amount was Received (from the customer) or Paid Out (to the customer). For example:
- If you have received $100, enter a Payment Amount of $100 and select Received from the drop down menu.
- If you are refunding $100 back to the customer for a cancelled transaction, enter a Payment Amount of $100 and select Paid Out from the drop down menu. You can also use this setting when correcting an amount that was mistakenly made.
- Note that minus signs will be ignored by the system. Instead you must select Paid Out, if the amount is to be reversed.
- Select the Payment Method for the amount received or refunded (Cash, Cheque, Credit Card, Debit Card, Gift Card, Money Order, ACH - Automated Clearing House, ECP - Electronic Cheque Payments, EFT - Electronic Funds Transfer, Coupon, Other).
- Select the Payment Status of the payment (Paid, Pending, Declined, NSF - Non-Sufficient Fund, Cancelled).
- Enter your initials or name to keep track of who recorded the payment.
- Add an optional note (i.e. Cheque number, payment gateway authorization code).
- Click Save Payment to save changes when done. The Balance Due for this member will be adjusted by this amount. A full listing of each offline payment entered into the system will be displayed at the bottom of the Offline Payments page. Click Back to return to the profile.
- Once the member has paid their membership in full, you can now Activate the membership. There are two ways to do this:
- From the member's profile page, click Change beside the pending membership. Select the active membership status and click Save.
- Click Memberships Pending Activation (blue tab) and click Activate beside the member's name with their pending membership.
Was this information helpful?