Sample Report: Event Registrar - Registrant Names with Registration & Session Options
To create a Custom Report which only displays the names of all registrants with the Registration, Session Options and additional items purchased for a specific event:
- Click the Account link located in the top right corner of your GiftTool BackOffice account.
- Click Custom Report.
- To create a new report, click Add Custom Report.
- On page 1:
- Select a date range for your report by clicking the Date Picker icons.
- Enter the Report Name.
- Select the currency of the transactions to be displayed.
- Net Orders: Check the box to have your report provide the summary of all order modifications or order cancellations to the original order. Net Orders will show a single line for the registratant with a final summary of their order. Selecting Net Orders is useful to view the final Balance Due owed by your registrants. Alternatively, unchecking Net Orders, will provide a list of each individual order processed for this participant, including the original order and any subsequent order modifications or cancellations.
- One row per order: Check the box to have all information for an order displayed on a single line, with Registration Options, Session Options, Additional Items, or answers to questions grouped in a single cell for each item type. Unchecking this box will place any additional Registration Options, Session Options, Additional Items, or answers to questions in a new row.
- For GiftTool Services: check "Event Registrar"
- For Also Include: check "Items purchased".
- Click Next
- On page 2 – determine the columns shown in your report:
- If they aren't already listed in the "Show" section, click the "+" symbol next to the following fields to move these fields into the "Show" section.
- Order ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Activity (allows you to confirm that the report is limited to the correct event.)
- Item Name
- Item Quantity
- Item Unit Price (optional)
- Click the "-" symbol next to any field not listed above that should not be included in your report. This will move these fields into the "Don't Show" section.
- To change the order that the fields are displayed in your report, drag & drop the fields into your preferred order.
- Click Next
- On page 3 - If you have multiple events with registrations taking place during the same time frame as your report, you can add a filter to restrict your report to a single event:
|**Type the name of the event as written in your event setup
- In row 1 - Create a filter to restrict data to a single event by selecting the Field Operator and typing the Value as shown in Condition 1 above.
- The Value is case sensitive, and must not include extra spaces or other characters.
- When entering the Value, type the name of the event exactly as it is written in your event setup. For example, copy the name from your event setup and paste the precise name of the event in the Value field. Be careful not to paste extra spaces. Alternatively, you can run the report without this filter, then you can see which Activity Name you want to filter on and copy/paste the exact value into your filter.
- Click Save & Run to view your report.
- Review the Excel and determine which columns you do not need. Repeat step 5 to remove unnecessary columns, and rearrange the remaining columns to your liking.
- Use your computer functions, to print or save a copy of the report.
- Having difficulty viewing Excel reports?
- If you first run the report without any filters, you can see which data you want to filter on and copy/paste the exact value into your filter.
- Filters are "AND"ed together if no advanced filter logic is provided.
- For ID fields, the prefix letter (R, S, D, etc) before the ID cannot be filtered on. Instead filter on the Service field (Registrar, Shop, Donations, etc).
- Date values must be in the form YYYY-MM-DD.
Was this information helpful?